I talked with my RE today. He was super warm and wonderful, and now I am feeling encouraged again. He agreed with me that this round was just bad luck statistically. (It’s easy to forget that IVF just does not work 50% of the time.) He said that he sees no reason I cannot get pregnant but thinks that I have some “ovary issues”….hmmm, I have lazy ovaries. Is this a character failing or simply poor habit energy? Perhaps they are depressed or confused that they live in a lesbian??
Things my RE would like to be different next cycle:
- use no BCP since these quieted my ovaries too much.
- increase my estradiol from 1400 to around 2000 through the use of stims (Menopure).
- Increase my stims from 3 to 4 ampules per day.
- chart cycles from now until next attempt.
Things we will continue:
- Lupron starting on CD21.
- Metformin x3 daily.
- Manage stress (am I really do that?).
Things I want to add to next cycle: (darn internet makes us all think we are MDs)
- use low dose asprin again.
- take a broad spectrum antibiotic at the start of the cycle.
- lose 10 pounds– dr just said to eat low carb and exercise.
So it looks like our next try at having a baby will be in the end of January.