A few odd things have happened on the TTC front today. I am not exactly certain that these have a unifying theme but they are filling my head tonight. So I will share.
1) A coworker brought in her newborn baby today. She came into my office and asked me if I wanted to come see her little girl. What could I say? So I went and very few coworkers were there. I ended up holding the baby. This is the sort of task I avoid because it usually rips my heart out. Today…..nothing. I am fine. No tears. No qualms. No emotional shake-up. It’s a little weird to be so calm.
2) As we were watching American Idol, HJ looked over at me and said, “I don’t have any pregnancy symptoms. I know I am not pregnant.” She says that she does not want to try anymore IUIs for a while: the failure is wearing on her. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm for us. Then again maybe she will change her mind since she has scheduled an appointment with an RE in 2 weeks. Change tends to be her nature.
3) HJ had lunch with a male friend. He is a very intuitive man and they were discussing how TTC wears on us emotionally. Out of the blue, he offered to donate to us. I don’t know if we will ever take him up on the offer of free sperm, but the thought is incredibly kind. So 3 men in the past year have offered up their DNA. Who would have guessed?
4) I just wish my IVF cycle would hurry along! As odd as this seems, I am sooooo ready to start injections: at least it will finally feel as though I am doing something about getting pregnant. Time is passing so slowly.
5) I am ovulating so I have that “I wanna find a random sperm donor” feeling. I always wonder if I would be able to get pregnant the old fashioned way. But several obvious reasons, I will not be doing that.