All is quiet on the southern front. J and I are oddly calm.
- We are not yet obsessing about present or absent eps and have not talked much about the IUI since it was done.
- J has some outside reviewers at her job this week and they have been very complimentary, especially of my J. (I am so proud!)
- Our local RE did call us back and they will let us use J’s eggs in both of us (and not for the price of 2 full IVF cycles). Our plan would be 1 for her and 2 for me. (yay!)
- Our local RE (who I need to name) also talked about us using donor eggs or donor embryos… younger women who have donated younger eggs. We are open to that thought and it may even be less expensive.
- We may have some decisions to make but I am still holding out hope for J’s cycle this time.
- I read a journal article that suggested lesbians using IUIs who did not conceive after 6 attempts should use more aggressive TTC efforts. So….
- My plan for J is to move to injectables for the next IUI if this one does not work. Enough playing around. Either an IUI has to work within 2 cycles or we are on to IVF/donor/whatever.
- I have gotten serious about getting rid of my 20 fertility pounds. I am doing the South Beach thing and it is going very well. (This may be part of my calm since I have a focus in addition to TTC.) Who knows I may even end up at my college weight?
- My major accomplishment? I have not cried in my office in over a week! I am feeling like a champ since yesterday my team staffed a particularly disturbing case of parental drug use and neglect of a three-year-old. This sort of thing usually sends me over the edge.
So no earth-shattering news yet but we are happily plugging along.