If you are looking for a good test of your relationship:
a) complete a project together outside on a day with a heat index near 100
b) paint a set of dressers a glossy RED
c) give feedback to you pregnant partner about the *ahem* thick and streaky nature of the job she is doing on said painting job
d) all of the above
Yes, we are still together. No, the neighbors did not have to call the law for us. Yes, one dresser is done to my standards and the other is done to hers. I will be putting that “other” dresser in the walk-in closet. Thank.you.very.much.
Update in bullets:
- The nursery keeps plugging along but is not quite ready to be called finished.
- Joey continues to be very very sick. In fact, just yesterday she threw up before work. We are thinking now that the iron pill she has to take may be the culprit. Any suggestions on that front? I am making her steaks like we have a herd of cattle in the backyard. She is beginning to complain but I am serious about this iron deficiency that has showed up recently.
- Friday will be our anatomy scan.
- We have chosen names for the boys. I don’t know if we chose because we were ready or only so that we can make various friends and family stop giving suggestions. Is this something people really do?? I can honestly say that I have never felt it was a polite gesture to insert myself in the naming of a friend’s children. But people seem to be climbing out of the woodwork to suggest names to us. “Have you considered Hank?” “I’ve always liked the name Elvis for a boy.” Seriously, the madness had to end. I promise I haven’t asked a soul for help. It’s not as though I said to anyone except Joey, “What names do YOU think we should name our children?”
- We are driving to Joey’s family for a quick visit over the next few days. Pray for me. Kidding (sort of).
- I have been reading the book by Dr Luke again. It really is a wonderful book for moms of multiples and yet it’s just scary. I hate hate hate to even think about the babies having to go to the NICU.
- If you are thinking of buying herbal supplements to help with breastfeeding preparation, for crying out loud, DO NOT buy the liquid kind. *gag* The horrific taste and smell cannot be described adequately with words.
- Heh heh, Joey waddles and snores now.